Egyptian Culture and Religion
During those days the Egyptian religion system was very complex has the beliefs and rituals that formed an integral part of ancient Egyptian culture. Rituals such as prayer and offerings were provided to the gods to gain their favour. They believed in many deities, deified forces included the elements, animal characteristics, or abstract forces. Some deities were believed to exist in many different manifestations, and some had multiple mythological roles. The diverse pantheon ranged from gods with vital roles in the universe to minor deities or “demons” with very limited or localized functions.
- Hapi (Nile god): was the God of the annual flooding of the Nile in ancient Egyptian religion. The flood deposited rich silt (fertile soil) on the river’s banks, allowing the Egyptians to grow crops.
- Heket(Goddess): sometimes spelled Heket, is an Egyptian goddess of fertility, identified with Hathor, represented in the form of a frog.
- Geb (God of the Earth): was the Egyptian God of the earth and a mythological member of the Ennead of Heliopolis. He could also be considered a father of snakes. It was believed in ancient Egypt that Geb’s laughter created earthquakes and that he allowed crops to grow.
- Khepri: The Egyptian god had the head of a fly, known as gods of creation and knowledge vanquish the ‘Lord of Chaos’.
- Hathor: Egyptian Goddess of Love and Protection, usually this Egyptian Goddess was depicted with the head of a cow. Hathor, in ancient Egyptian religion, goddess of the sky, of women, and of fertility and love.
- Isis: Egyptian Aset or Eset, one of the most important Goddesses of ancient Egypt. Her name is the Greek form of an ancient Egyptian word for throne. Isis had strong links with Egyptian kingship, and she was most often represented as a beautiful woman wearing a sheath dress and either the hieroglyphic sign of the throne or a solar disk and cow’s horns on her head.
- Nut: According to ancient Egyptian mythology, Nut is the Goddess of the sky and heavens. She was the daughter of Shu, god of vital breath, and his wife Tefnut, goddess of heat. She was usually depicted as a woman bent over Earth with her head in the West and feet in the East.
- Seth: son of Geb (Earth) and Nut (sky), brother of Osiris, was god of the desert, foreign lands, thunderstorms, eclipses, and earthquakes. Seth was a powerful and often frightening deity, however he was also a patron god of the pharaohs, particularly Ramses the Great.
- Ra (The Sun God): In Egyptian mythology, Ra was the God of the sun. He was the most important god in Ancient Egypt. It was said he was born each morning in the East, and died each night in the West.
- Pharaoh (The Ultimate Power of Egypt): As ancient Egyptian rulers, pharaohs were both the heads of state and the religious leaders of their people. As a statesman, the pharaoh made laws, waged war, collected taxes, and oversaw all the land in Egypt.
Even though most-high separated Abraham and his descendants from such man made deities and customs, slowly Israel people got influenced by the above Egyptian deities. Not only that the Israel people could not follow the instructions given by the most-high in Egypt due to slavery, and they have start forgetting the lifestyle that has given through Abraham. Israel people could not meet the expectation of most-high through Abraham in Egypt. So the most-high decided to rescue them from Egypt and could like to settle them back in Canaan. As part of that most-high anointed a person right from the birth and his name was Moses.
Rescue from Egypt
When Moses grown up most-high appeared him as he has appeared in front of Abraham and talked to Moses that, you have to rescue the Israel people from Egypt and bring back to the land of Canaan. Since there are numerous Gods in Egypt by that time, Moses asked most-high about his name to address people that I am coming in that name of this particular God. Not only that the father in law of Moses was a priest of another God in the place Midian at north-western Arabia. Since Moses could not digest with his intellectual system in the incarnated body about this supernatural personality, most-high said I am the God of you forefathers Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Israel).
There onwards, whenever Moses was to introduce most-high, he used to refer the God of our forefathers Abraham, Isaac and Jacob or used to refer the God of Israel. So people also thought this is another God among many other Gods in their knowledge and could not identify the actual or original personality and potential of the most-high the creator of this entire universe. So, now it became the responsibility of the most-high to make people understand who HE truly is. And hence the most-high done many supernatural miracles through Moses at Egypt to opened the mind of Israel people the descendants of Abraham who supposed to be the role models in front of common people who worshiped human created Gods and customs.
As part of that most-high set events and natural calamities to prove the supernatural power of the one who had chosen Abraham and promised the decentness of Abraham should be special people in front of this whole world. And the main intention of this selected special people (Israel) was, through them most-high wanted to leave the dummy idols created by the people and turn towards the living supernatural personality who is the true creator of this universe. The main ten events were to destroy the influence of the above mentioned ten deities of Egypt from the mind of Israel people. Through these incidents they understood the inactivity of Egypt deities, and the power and importance of the most-high whom Moses introduced to them.
Through these supernatural miracles and events Israel people developed trust and they have believed in the most-high. At the same time people and authorities of the Egypt feared the most-high, since they faced lot of consequences, losses and punishments whenever they turn against Israel people. Hence they have released Israel people from slavery of their land and gave permission to go to Canaan.
Exodus from Egypt
Abraham and Moses had a passion towards the most-high because they have experienced supernatural wonders and miracles in their day to day life from the most-high. But the Israel people had no such experiences and their life were miserable due to slavery. Due to hard and horrible punishments they had no time or mind set to remember the supernatural life of their ancestor’s life like Joseph, Jacob, Isaac and Abraham. Hence most-high decided to give them an incident to remember in their life and their descendant’s life as part of their redemption from slavery and Egypt.
During those days in Egypt there were live sacrifices of animals to please their human created deities. In this situation most high says to them that every family have to buy a lamb and tie it in front of their house for three days, and then they have to cut the lamb for their own redemption, not for the most-high similar to what they give sacrifices for their deities. They have to sprinkle the blood of the lamb in front of their own houses doors and they have to eat the flesh of the lamb instead of burning it for deities. Since this is a strange custom from what they had seen and done before. They will not forget this event that they have done for their own redemption, but eventually will be telling their descendants too. Through this event most-high taught them that you need not do anything for me, to furnish blessings from me.
The very next day after this event, they got permission to move from Egypt to Canaan. During the journey they have taken not only the possessions they had from Egypt but have not left the culture they had developed in Egypt too. So when the most-high led them in HIS standards they could not follow the same from their Egyptian culture.
Journey Though Wilderness
Actually four hours needed to reach Canaan from Egypt, but since they had to travel with all their possessions, children and women the most-high scheduled their travel plan for 40 days, under the leadership of Moses. Most-high revealed HIS plans and guidelines only to Moses and based on the same Moses has to lead the people to Canaan. In the incarnated body, they have to eat heavy food for travel, they need plenty of water in the desert, their dress and chapels may get spoil while they travel, not only that they need toilet facilities as well.
But the most-high set a plan to change their incarnated body structure into partial vital body structure to make the journey easy and simple. For that most-high said no food and water during the journey except a capsule type food called manna which give out, no wastage in the body but supplies all the nutrients that body needs only. And to protect their body from hard weather in the desert, during the day time always covered the sky with clouds and night with fire lights (lightning). So with this special food and surroundings their body started functioning like a vital body partially, no body wastage, no sweat just like the life of the people who travels to space in the rocket.
But the people could not digest this plan, they asked for meat and water in the wilderness and make noise against Moses for life facilities they lived in the Egypt. Then have not bothered to know why this new life style, they need the same old culture and life style they had previously. Even though it was the culture of slavery, leaving that previously adopted and practiced life culture was very hard for people. Hence most-high decided to give them new laws to move according the plan and purpose of most-high in their life both in wilderness as well as in Canaan.
Even though there was numerous given commands and instructions for their lifestyle, the most important was the ten commandments. Actually these ten commandments and other life instructions were temporary until they come into the relationship life with the most-high like Abraham and Moses. But people tried to follow the laws to please the most-high instead of developing an intimate relationship with the most-high. The culture of slavery will not allow people to enjoy the freedom of independence until they change their rebellious mind set against the people around them, towards the nature they live and with the most-high who is the real provider. With this rebellious attitude and culture instead of forty days they have taken forty years to come out from the wilderness but the people started from Egypt could not enter into Canaan, only their descendants born in the wilderness those had no Egyptian culture and attitude could enter into the Canaan.
The culture of slavery is the blindness that prevents the freedom of independence in every walks of life. There will be a time bound journey from slavery to freedom to break the bondage and activate the independence. Law is always demanding and powerful when there is no active relationship with the law maker; whereas law has more power when an intimate relationship with the law maker is on. The attitude developed from the culture of slavery is having a rebellious attitude towards the law maker by trying to pull the wool over eyes pretending obeying all the laws outwards but violating everything inwards. Due to this wrong attitude never ever think of establishing a relationship with the law maker, the most-high.